My classroom seems to be progressing well. I spend a lot of evenings just trying to put it together since I am still working at the USO as well. Changing to Kindergarten is huge! I always told my first graders that Kindergardeners ate paper, boogers, and anything else they could find. I am beginning to think it's true! I should know more after evaluations next week. If only I can get them to not eat the test....
A view of my classroom from the door.
From the computer center.
From my desk.
- There will be Sunday School in my room. They will touch my stuff. They may not put things back in alphabetical order centered within the shelf. This is a problem. Already on Monday I found crap (see below) taken out of my color coded containers with photos and labels and not put away.
-Crap. I like this word, I say this word. Now, of course, I understand I will not be able to say this in front of the children. However, do private school teachers even say "crap" around each other? Will they shun me? Crap, crap, crap. Maybe if I buy a denim jumper they will like me more.
Speaking of crap. I will now jump on the milspouse blog bandwagon and share the crap I like. (Mom, please don't have a heart attack because I have said crap so much. It will be okay.) Now you will know all my indulgences.
1. US Weekly. Like all of other girls, I love reading crap magazines. It's mindless entertainment. I however, take it one giant step further, I have a subscription. That's right, every week that literary jewel comes to my mailbox. I also frequent tmz.com and perezhilton.com.
2. Wine and champagne. I enjoy life in Germany. :) Good friends and good wine!
3. Burger King. I eat it almost everyday. Seriously.
4. Mexican food. I seriously LOVE it. When I went home, I went to my favorite restaurant. I ate so much I puked. Seriously.
5. The internet. If I am late to something, it's usually because I was on the internet too long and started getting ready late. Sometimes I look at so much I feel as if I have reached the end of the internet. I like facebook, blogs, gossip sites, etsy, cinchouse, atoz teacher, everything. When I wake up in the morning I check my email before i get out of bed. That's right, I said it.
6. Traveling. I love to go anywhere! Even the smallest of towns over here have things to see. We go somewhere at least every month, if not more. We even had a destination wedding!
7. Photo editing with the Mac. I have been airbrushing every single photo on my computer. You may be disappointed if you meet me in real life.
8. Cherry Coke Zero. I miss it! Send some ASAP!
9. Organization. This includes containers, labeling, color coding, alphabetizing, and SPREADSHEETS! All when I am not feeling lazy of course.
10. Tacky TV. Oprah, Dr. Phil, Gossip Girl, The Hills, Army Wives, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, COPS, Project Runway, etc.
I think thats all. I don't really like sweets or chocolate, so that is not an issue with me. I would have a Target addiction, but well, we don't have one. I certainly don't have a BX addiction.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this blog. If you've been lurking, delurk and profess your love for the word crap too by commenting! :)
I'm off to Poland. More when I get home :)